Foot Prints Curriculum
For Your Children
We aim to provide a high quality service which endorses good practice and current government legislation by acknowledging and implementing the curriculum guidance for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Children are offered a play based curriculum specifically tailored to the needs of each child.
This is based on the ‘Early Years Foundation Stage’ which is a national requirement to ensure that the learning, development and welfare needs of all young children in care settings is met.
- Sets the standards for learning and development ensuring that all children make progress.
- Provides for equality of opportunity so that all children are included irrespective of ethnicity, culture, religion, family background, learning disability, gender or ability.
- Creates the framework for partnership between parents, professionals and all the settings that the child attends.
- Improves quality and consistency by using a set of universal standards and providing inspection and regulation of all settings.
- Laying a secure future for future learning and development of young children based on individual needs and interests of the child and informed by observation and assessment
Planning for the children’s activities is based on developing your child’s learning. It includes outdoor play which extends their physical development.
There are also opportunities for the children to make choices for themselves and to experience spontaneous, unplanned activities such as when it snows.
Our staff use ongoing observations to monitor how your child is developing and learning. They use these to plan their play and learning.
Each child will have their own ‘Learning Journey’ you can see your child’s ‘Learning Journey’ throughout their time at nursery but remember that each child is unique and children do things at different ages and different stages.
Voice of The Child
We have constructed a curriculum, based on what we can offer our children using the EYFS and experiences. Our curriculum is devised by parents, children and staff.
Although we have a range of experiences to explore throughout the year, we also work individually with each child; investigating all there interests. We call this ‘The Voice of the Child’
Autumn Term 1 – Marvellous Me
Mad Science Week
Autumn Term 2 – Dinosaurs
Road and Car Safety Week
Spring Term 1 – Around The World
Spring Term 2 – Space
Summer Term 1 – ‘What the Ladybird Heard’ – Farm, life-cycles, growing, healthy eating and Spring
Summer Term 2 – Under The Sea
Our Favourite Stories
At Foot Prints
We create a safe, fun, vibrant environment for children to excel in all areas of development and achieve the best they can with the right teachings.
Contact us to find out more here.
Fees, Pricing, and Access
If our curriculum fits your expectations of what you’d like your little one to learn enquire today about a place at our nursery.
For more information on pricing and routes to access, please see our pricing page below.